4th February 2008
Article I: Objectives
- To promote an educational and informative outlook on Islam.
- To provide a new perspective and show a new angle for life and one’s role in it.
- To dissipate the misconceptions about Islam and make students aware of the real aspects of the religion.
- To enlighten the second generation of Muslims and non-Muslims through a camaraderie of brotherhood.
- Provide a place where students can freely talk about their religion and discuss common problems.
Article II: Meetings
- Schedule and location
- Meetings will be held once a week unless otherwise scheduled differently due to conflict.
- Monday afternoons will be the official day. (Officer meetings may be called unofficially when necessary)
- Meetings will be held in room ______
- Organization of Meetings
- Meetings will begin with an update from the officers to the club members as to what was discussed at the previous meeting.
- The secretary will keep a written record of what was discussed at the meeting.
- The regular session shall include a topic presented by a group or individual and an open forum style discussion shall follow.
- Robert’s Rules of Conduct shall be observed during the course of the meetings.
- Meetings shall last approximately one hour.
- They shall adjourn with a formal decree and the next meeting date shall be announced upon this time.
- There shall be no rude insulting or stereotyping of any religion, faith, or culture regarding its beliefs, practices, or people.
Article III: Membership
- Eligibility of membership
- Membership is open to all _____ High School students.
- Members should maintain a seventy average or above to be eligible to attend meetings.
- Eligibility shall be checked after the end of each six weeks grading period.
- There shall be no membership dues
- Contributions shall be collected upon the occasion of a club social or party.
Article IV: Officers
- Officer positions
- Vice President
- To facilitate the activities of the club.
- To schedule the meetings.
- To oversee and conduct meetings.
- Vice President
- To assume all the roles of the president in case of an absence.
- To take the role of the president upon necessity.
- To hold the club treasury.
- To keep a record of all the plans the organization has.
- To keep a record of all members and their attendance at every meeting
- To write all the announcements for the morning bulletin.
- To advertise the club (posters, etc)
- To compose and edit the official club newsletter.
- To take photographs at the club meetings and socials.
- To compile a scrapbook containing photographs taken and memorabilia collected during that school year.
- Eligibility in election for officers
- Must be an active member previous to being elected.
- Should be able to attend almost all meetings.
Article V: Major Events
- Ramadan Iftaar:
- This event(s) shall be held during the month of Ramadan.
- The get-together shall include the breaking of the fast, a historical background, prayer, and socializing.
- Religion Symposium:
- Sessions shall be conducted in a joint effort among other religion/philosophy clubs and any other group or individuals interested in presenting an aspect of religion or faith.
- Sessions shall include an open form discussion and questioning period among groups and speakers concerning such topics as religion, ethics and morality, church vs. state, and philosophy.
- MIST-Muslim Inter-Scholastic Tournament
- Other activities may be held with the approval.
posted in | 0 Comments